Church of The Holy Trinity

Description

The church was located in the building that now hosts the parish theatre of Caselle.

Built in 1617, the church has only one neoclassical nave: its dimensions are 25 x 8 m (not counting the presbytery), with a height of 13 m. The nave used to be decorated with paintings and had two big polychrome stained glass windows. Above the entrance door there used to be a wooden choir, beautifully carved and accessible through a side staircase.

The floor is tiled with white and red Verona marble. Along the walls there used to be pilasters surmounted by capitals; the baroque high altar was built using precious polychrome marbles.

Above the altar there used to be a little temple with a fine marble cusp, which can now be admired in the high altar of the parish church. For over a century this little church was used for religious celebrations.

In 1904 a new parish church was built and many fine art objects and marbles belonging to this little church were used to decorate the new building.

 

From 1928 to 1950 the church was used as a theatre; later it has been hosting the parish cinema.

How to get

From the airport: take the road to Sommacampagna, then turn right at the underpass andfollow the signs for Caselle. At the roundabout turn right. The church is on the left, about half way through via Roma.

Contatta le Terre del Custoza

*
*
*
*