LThe parish church sits where once was the oratory of the Immaculate Conception, also called Madonna del Pirlar (“Holy Mary of the Hacktree”), built in 1415 by the Maccaccaro family.
In the XVI century the oratory hosted religious ceremonies previously held in the Romanesque parish church of St. Andrew. In the XVIII and XIX centuries the church was refurbished and enlarged, thanks to the wealthy families of the village.
Inside the church there is a precious painting of Saint John the Baptist and Saint Roch at the feet of the Virgin.
The bell tower of the parish church was originally the bell tower of the church of the Madonna del Pirlar (“Holy Mary of the Hacktree”).
How to get
From the A22 motorway: take the exit to Sommacampagna and follow the sign for Sommacampagna. Reach the roundabout of the shopping mall Il Sole and turn right towards the centre of the village, then turn right into via Pigno.