The courtyard Albarello di Sopra

Description

The courtyard, owned by the family Spolverini, contains the small church dedicated to the worship of Saint Francis of Assisi.

 

This church was built in 1709; in the inside, the only altar is made of red and yellow marble and is in Ionic style.

 

On the floor stands a plaque with the coat of arms of the family Spolverini carved on it: this is the tomb of the family.

 

The altarpiece and two lateral paintings are remarkable for the carved-walnut frames.

 

How to get

From Verona, drive along the regional road. 11 towards Peschiera del Garda. After the hamlet of Bosco di Sona, continue for about 4 km; past the hamlet Casette di Sopra, near the bus stop, turn right into Via Albarello.

 

A4 motorway "Venice-Milan": exit "Sommacampagna", at the roundabout turn left towards Sona/Bussolengo. After about 4 km, continue towards Bussolengo; after the underpass, turn right for the regional road nr. 11 towards Peschiera del Garda. After the hamlet of Bosco di Sona, continue for about 4 km; past the hamlet Casette di Sopra, near the bus stop, turn right into Via Albarello.

 

From Peschiera del Garda, drive along the regional road. 11 towards Verona. After the hamlet of Bosco di Sona, continue for about 3 km; past the hamlet Casette di Sopra, near the bus stop, turn left into Via Albarello.

 

A22 motorway "Brennero-Modena": exit "Verona Nord", direction "Peschiera del Garda" - regional road nr. 11. After the hamlet of Bosco di Sona, continue for about 4 km; past the hamlet Casette di Sopra, near the bus stop, turn right into Via Albarello.

 

Contatta le Terre del Custoza

*
*
*
*