The manor was built between the end of the XVIII century and the beginning of the XIX century.
The first owners were the Counts Maffei; later on the Nuvolari family owned it, and the famous auto racing champion spent some time at the manor. In 1933, following a tragic car accident that involved a member of the Nuvolari family, the manor was sold to the current owner.
During the Risorgimento the manor hosted the “Albergo e stallo Al Risorgimento”, as testified by the inscription on the front façade of the building.
A4 Motorway: take the exit to Sommacampagna, at the first roundabout take the second exit, at the second roundabout take the second exit and then follow the sign for Caselle.